21st Medical Group Clinic, Peterson Air Force Base
Customer: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Little Rock District and the U.S. Air Force
Location: Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado
Major Services: Initial Outfitting
Project Overview: The three-phase, $18 million construction project began in 2012 and was a partnership between the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Little Rock District and the U.S. Air Force. The project’s goal was to optimize and provide state-of-the-art medical treatment services for patients of the 21st Medical Group and the Colorado Springs Military Health System.
The renovation included:
- Several services and check-in desks being relocated throughout the Main Medical Clinic.
- The Physical Therapy Clinic doubling in space and receiving new equipment.
- The Public Health and Immunizations areas were relocated to be adjacent to one another with check-in areas in the main lobby.
- The Radiology Department received an additional ultrasound machine, doubling ultrasound study capacity.
- Disease and Case Management functions, as well as the Exceptional Family Member Program support, were centralized near the laboratory and radiology departments.
- Enhancements to the Biomedical Maintenance Equipment Technician shop doubled maintenance workspace, increasing its ability to process medical equipment repair and reduce repair times.
- The entrance from the rear parking lot was updated allowing patients quick access to the Optometry, Radiology and Lab areas.
- The Mental Health Department was expanded to create treatment space for additional providers. Additionally, TRICARE Operations and Patient Administration were relocated, including medical records storage and services, from the Main Medical Clinic to the Annex building.
- The Group’s Education and Training Department received an updated simulation and training room to facilitate the most up-to-date in-house training for all medical staff in a timely manner.
The Area Dental Lab received upgrades, including a new HVAC system, casework and workbenches to increase staff efficiencies and workflow.
The Cazador Difference: Cazador managed the project seamlessly and delivered comprehensive services for outfitting and relocation. Thanks to Cazador’s support, the 21st Medical Group Clinic is able to deliver state-of-the art care out of a modern, high functioning facility.