LEED is the internationally recognized green building certification system, that was developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), in order to promote a whole-building approach to sustainability.
The LEED certification framework recognizes performance of human and environmental health:
- Sustainable Site Development
- Water Savings
- Energy Efficiency
- Materials Selection
- Indoor Environmental Quality
Cazador has LEED® AP (accredited professional) project managers and designers that can assist our customers with all of the necessary steps and credentials needed to earn the LEED® Project Certification for newly constructed or retrofitted buildings. These Cazador LEED AP team members are trained to identify and implement green building design, construction, operations, and maintenance solutions necessary to earn the benefits of LEED Certification. Cazador will accomplish this in the following manners:
- Utilize sustainable manufacturers who implement “green” and recyclable methods of manufacturing and materials
- Equipment, appliances, and medical equipment devices that are Energy Star certified
- Furniture with low material emissions or furniture that is Greenguard Indoor Air Quality Certified and identifying existing furniture that can be reused
- Energy reducing products such as task lights with occupancy sensors which turn off after a period of time that the office is vacant
- On behalf of our clients we work with manufacturers that embody all factors in the selection and scoring process during a LEED Certification:
- Practice responsible extraction and processing of raw materials
- Maintain a low impact on the environment during the production process and product transport
- Create products that have a low environmental impact during use and cleaning
- Reduce waste in landfills upon product disposal
- Our customers work with local vendors to ensure that items are not purchased outside of a 500 mile radius in an effort to conserve fuel whenever possible
- Chosen manufacturers blanket wrap as much product as possible to minimize the amount of packing materials and cardboard on site
- Our customers recycle as much waste and packing materials as possible and are trained to fill out the appropriate documentation for these activities
- Collaborate with client’s A&E and prepare the LEED documentation required for specific point certification
- Gather and review the latest published data and perform a comparison to help the customer make better decisions for scoring LEED credits
- Lower operating costs and increase asset value.
- Reduce waste sent to landfills.
- Conserve energy and water.
- Be healthier and safer for occupants.
- Reduce harmful greenhouse gas emissions.
- Qualify for tax rebates, zoning allowances and other incentives in hundreds of cities.
- Demonstrate an owner’s commitment to environmental stewardship and social responsibility.
The Cazador LEED AP team will educate and guide
our customers to meet their LEED certification goals.